- I managed to lose weight over Christmas somehow. I think it's because I eat less processed food at my parents and I do more walking. Must try and up my physical activity in Gloucester.
- Spent New Year's Eve at my friends' new house in Twickenham. They moved in late last year but New Year's Eve was the first time they'd had people round. My friend invited loads of people but in the end, only seven of us were there. That was fine with me but I felt sad for her. They have a rooftop terrace so at midnight, we went up and watched about 10 different fireworks displays from the terrace in a 360 degree surround experience! Amazing. She said I was always welcome to drop in but I've heard too many horror stories from her twin about going to stay with her and then being told that someone else is staying or that they are away for me to really feel like I can just turn up whenever I want. Plus it's over two hours away and a long drive down the motorway.
- I watched 13th, which was really eye-opening and saddening. Recommended!
- I gave blood for the first time in nearly 10 years. Mainly because whenever I've tried to book in an appointment, I can't get it for the time I want (the blood donation centre is always fully booked) or they cancel it because they don't have enough staff. It's a lot more hi-tech now - they have rollercoaster-esque blue chairs that swing back to the correct angle and a machine that rocks the blood bag until it's done. They also give you a card which has exercises for you to do while giving blood to maintain your blood pressure so you don't feel dizzy and weak after giving blood. And the exercises actually worked! Last time I gave blood, I had a horrible attack of dizziness afterwards and I barely made it to the bus station. This time, I was fine and only had a small attack of dizziness hours later, when I was at home and could sit down.
- I had to take my car to Halford's because the back box came off and it sounded like a motorbike. This wasn't a problem except it took over five hours for them to call me about it. -_- Then I had to get a taxi to Halford's before they closed to pick it up. At least it cost me less than £100.